The future is a mystery
I hope it’s not history
Somedays I look forward to you
Other days I want to tell you, shoo
But you always stay there
I don’t know if you care
Or if you’re always fair
My feelings I wear
You and me are bound
I’ll always be seeing you around
You won’t make me drown
Definitely not asking for a crown
Just don’t let me down
Ace

Micro-poems are new to me, but I wanted to give it a shot! When words come, they come in heaps, so containing it into a few short lines is tricky. But, I love this piece. It describes my relationship with the future so well. I hope this helps you on your journey! Be fearless and free -Ace

26 comments on “don’t let me down

1. Ladysag77 says:

We never know God’s mysterious ways as we trust by surrendering to Divine timing and unconditional love always❤ Beautiful post Ace!

Thank you so much!! That is beautifully said. Your kind support and thoughtful words always mean the world to me!! Much love and spirit hugs to you my friend 🤗🤍

1. Ladysag77 says:

Yay, my pleasure always❤❤❤

2. Beautiful poem ❤️

Thank you so much!! That means a lot to me, much love and spirit hugs 🤍🤗

This is beautiful ✨

Thank you so much Wardah!! Your support and kind words are much appreciated! Love and light 💫💗

Ace this is a beautiful poem, I especially like the first couple of lines, they really spoke to me ❤️❤️

Thank you so much Cait!! Your support and thoughtful/kind comments always mean so much to me! Lots of love to you my friend 🤍🤗

5. dailysunshinerain says:

beautiful poem Ace!! 💗💗

Thank you so much!! I so appreciate your support and kind words!! Spirit hugs 🤗

I love the rhyme scheme of this, it made me smile especially the “shoo”😄💥

Thank you so much!! I smile at the shop part too! I always feel like poetry expands my vocabulary because I’m always looking for words to rhyme with!! Your support touches me deeply, big hugs to you 🤗🤗

Sweet and a well written micro poem😊 poetry can express so much, right ? ❤️🙏🤗🤗💐

Oh yes, it really can! Thank you so much Diana, that means a lot, especially coming from such a talented poet like yourself! Your support is always appreciated, much love 💛🤗

Beautiful. ❤

Thank you so much Amber! I really appreciate your support, spirit hugs 🤗🤗

9. Definitely not asking for a crown
    Just don’t let me down

Perfectly beautifully and powerfully said!

Awe thank you so much!!! I appreciate the kind words and support!! Lots of love 🤍

10. That’s such a creative way to portray the future! I think this micro-poem turned out incredibly well!

Thank you so much D!!! I really appreciate your kind words and support; I am glad to hear you liked it! I’m always excited to see your name pop up in my notifications 😊, you’re an awesome friend! I do hope you’ll check out my new video album, FREEDOM, I’d so love to hear your thoughts – I know you were excited for Hello Future and it’s out now!!! Much love my friend ❤️❤️

1. Always a pleasure reading your posts, Ace!
        Of course, I will! I’ve been off WordPress for a while because if school work but I’ll be sure to check it out soon! Much love to you too!🤗❤️

Awe, thank you! Appreciate you friend 🤗💛

Good one Ace 😇

History is not a mystery
    Life is nothing
    But a mystery
    How can then
    Future be a history 😅

Thank you so much!! I truly appreciate your kind words and support. Wow, that is amazingly written, thank you for that gem! Much love 🤍🤍