I could be bitter

I could be sweet

I could be salty

I could be your treat

I could be whatever you want me to be

It’s all perception

I know who I am

And that’s no misconception

I hope you’ll see me for me, the light

But even if you don’t, won’t be crying at night

I’m so proud of me for knowing my flavor

Each piece of me I savor

And if you don’t appreciate my taste

My time I won’t waste

No hard feelings

We’re not supposed to be on this path

It’s simple math

1+1 isn’t 0, it’s 2

The Universe is right on que

I see me through and through

Someone will too

And they’ll become my crew

Ace

I really love this piece, it’s been in my head for a few days and I finally decided to jot it down! I formatted it differently too, I don’t know, this felt a little different than most of my poems. Inspired by lyrics in a song, this one is simple but deep and I love the way self love comes through so powerfully. I hope this helps you on your journey, be fearless and free!

37 comments on “flavor

1. This is uplifting. 👏 Great job dear Ace. Loved the flow and the rhyming. 💞💞

Awe thank you so much!! That means a lot and I’m so glad to hear it!! Eternally grateful for your support 😊, hugs 🤗🤗

2. Hugs back to you 🤗❤️❤️❤️

3. Athira says:

Excellent work..

Thank you so much Athira! That means a lot 🖤🖤

4. Athira says:

Most welcome Ace…

5. …… ‘And if you don’t appreciate my taste
    My time I won’t waste
    No hard feelings
    We’re not supposed to be on this path’
    …. Loved it.. 👍🏼😇👌🏼👌🏼👏🏼

Awe thank you so much!! That’s so sweet of you to quote it, touched!! Always grateful for your support, means a lot! Xx 💛🤗

6. Ladysag77 says:

You said it all sis, no matter what, if others don’t understand, we still love ourselves. Self love is so empowering. Feeling fearless and free, great post Ace💛✨🌠😊

Awe thank you so much!! Yes, that is exactly the message I was hoping to get across!! Awe, you’re too kind!! Grateful for you, hugs and love 💛🤗

7. GG says:

Love the format it actually enhances the words,feel, & meaning..suits your flavour .lol .🤪..GG

Awe GG, thank you so much!! I’m glad to hear that and am truly touched by your love and support!! My heart and soul get so excited to see your name pop up in my notifications!!! Haha, you’re awesome! Hugs and love 💛🤗

8. I love this poem absolutely truly and it is right in my flow of synchronicity. I asked for this reminder as I woke up to this day and you bring it to me in your precious way 🙂

Awe thank you so much!! That is so cool, the Universe within us all is so divinely connected!!! Your kindness, love, support and thoughtfulness always means a lot! Xx 🤗🖤

This is an amazing piece and I really like the flow/structure, it helps complement the words sm. Really beautifully written Ace and I’m excited for more in this style ❤️❤️

Awe thank you so much Cait!!! I’m so glad to hear that and it means a lot to me. Your support, encouragement and love truly touch my soul!!!!! Hugs and love friend 🖤🤗

10. Lovely message Grace!
    This line…. so good.

“We’re not supposed to be on this path

It’s simple math

1+1 isn’t 0, it’s 2”
    It does feel different from your other poems. A beautiful smorgasbord of different Flavors!
    💖

Awe Cindy, you’re awesome!! Thank you so much, how kind of you to quote it!!! 🖤 I am always grateful for your kind love and support, means a lot!! Xx 🖤🖤🤗

🖤

12. Wonderfully uplifting as always ❤️

Thank you!!!! That means a lot, feel so blessed to have connected with you friend!! 🖤🤗

Hey, this is absolutely perfect. Yes!!! Love it. And in this sometimes hateful world, the kind of affirmation that is much needed. :)) 💗🙌✨

Awe thank you so much Lia!!! That means a lot to me and your support always touches my heart/soul! Hugs and love to you dear friend 🖤🤗

Bon apetit 😂😂😅 I love this one, Ace. The format is new, but it’s definitely suits you. So glad you shared it with us😍💥

Haha!! Thank you so much Aarushi, I’m very glad to hear that!! You’re awesome girl, I so appreciate your support and love…means a lot!!! Hugs and love 🖤🤗

To you too😀💕

15. Love it all. This part especially: “I see me through and through / Someone will too / And they’ll become my crew”. The power of knowing yourself!

Awe thanks so much Benjamin!!! Yes indeed, well said…the power of knowing yourself!!!! I truly appreciate your support, means a lot!!! Spirit hugs friend 🤗🤗

1. Welcome! Have a great rest of your day!

16. 1+1 isn’t 0 that’s right! only 2 always

Yes indeed!!! Thanks so much for your kind words, visit, support and thoughtfulness…means a lot!!! 🖤✨

17. Thought id find an older post. Lets collab. Im definitely down to get something done at some point. Are you on any social media so we can discuss and bring this to life?

I don’t have any social media, but, you can email me and we can go from there!
      livewhatyouknownow@gmail.com