Push it down, put it away; it’s all going to go away someday. Sugar coat it so I don’t feel it, why does it matter anyway?

Layers upon layers, I’m starting to unravel this mystery inside that has just begun the travel. That is the travel from my mind, to my heart, to my intuition and then to the rhythm of my soul.

The door is shut, my space is empty. The lights go off and I finally feel at home. Feelings come one by one, floating to the surface like little bubbles gasping for air. Their voices become a scream and a blare, after too much time being unheard, they all need to speak now.

I know they need the air and I run to the walls for support, the feelings are here to help me with their story – I hold onto this thought. Although, thoughts have started to disappear, it’s my gut that’s gotten real loud.

With each feeling, there is a similar connection – embrace. Embrace the change, embrace the ups and downs, embrace my intuition’s voice (feelings/emotion) and embrace life’s light and darkness. Only then can I transform, because vision is one thing, inner-standing is another.

My little mind tries to grab control, as if diving into my feelings isn’t productive. My higher self kicks in and this electricity runs through my body – there is nothing more productive than a conversation with emotion.

As my feelings take the front seat again, I am reminded that there is a difference between acceptance and embracing. Embracing is hugging and appreciating each obstacle, feeling or rocky moment in the most genuine way. Acceptance choosing something as my reality and just living with it. The main difference is simply this – embracing, I create my reality, acceptance, I let my reality happen.

Feelings, I thank you and I hear you. When you come, I am embracing you and listening to you all the way. I am grateful for your kind reminder of my true power, I feel my fire burning. I know you’re always there, and your purpose brings me comfort.

I choose to embrace, because only then can I see my journey’s grace, let go of fear’s chase and remember destiny is mine to ace.

When I sat down to write, I heard a lyric in a song about sugar-coating. And I intended to write something along the lines of that, but this turned out to be something completely different. That’s the beauty of writing, it’s not just your fingers on the keys, it’s your soul’s voice that echoes on the tips of your hands. Be fearless and free -Ace

22 comments on “Embrace

Absolutely heart warming, insightful and introspective.. so beautiful. “There is nothing more productive than a conversation with emotion.” – wow, very true; when we converse with our emotions we can find the root of where they come from and heal. Keep shining beautiful sweet Ace. I love you my dear friend. πŸ–€πŸ™πŸ˜˜

Awe thank you so much Amber!! I am truly grateful for your overflowing love, connection and support, means the world to me!! Yes, finding the root is the key to healing!!! I will, and I love you!!!

Welcome. Absolutely! πŸ˜˜πŸ™

2. I am so thrilled to read your work. I think the most conversations I have had is with my emotions and feeling is as if my career πŸ™ƒ there is so much guidance hidden when we are willing to immerse and embrace our inner experiences – the clarity we get is the highest form of productivity.

Awe thank you so much!! You’re so kind, and I deeply appreciate this thoughtful comment. Yes, I love how you say “immerse”…there is indeed so much guidance within!!! Grateful for you friend, big hugs πŸ€—πŸ–€

3. Ladysag77 says:

I love this Ace. Two parts in particular stuck out and struck a chord, feeling at home in tbe dark and the part when we can say thank you feelings, I hear you for that is their purpose to serve as our guide. Just lovely 😍

Thank you so much!!! I’m so glad to hear that and your kind words/support mean a lot to me!!! You’re amazing sister, hugs πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ–€

1. Ladysag77 says:

πŸ’ƒπŸŽ‰πŸ™Œβ€πŸŒ βœ¨πŸ˜ the feelings are so mutual sisπŸ˜‰

Wow Ace this is beautiful and I really love how much it complements the image. The imagery you’ve used is so amazing and although it’s not explicitly part of the piece I love ‘That’s the beauty of writing, it’s not just your fingers on the keys, it’s your soul’s voice that echoes on the tips of your hands’ so much. It’s such a profound and beautiful line. Hope you are well ❀ ❀

Awe Cait, you’re awesome! Thank you so much!! Connecting with you is honestly one of the highlights of my day, your support and kindness means the world to me!!! I am well, hope you are too, friend!! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€

Are you ace or THE ACE?? I mean you know the change of the tone and that one word; THE changed it all! I am overwhelmed today. I was on an unsaid hiatus! I was just republishing what I wrote earlier. And today I decided to read on what I had missed and lemme tell ya, I am so humbled to be a part of this world! Just because of YOU and many other poets like you I just feel that I am blessed and fortunate enough to read this! In other words it’s a blessing to my eyes and my soul!

Awe Riya, you make my day!!! Haha, THE ACE, you’re so kind!! I am so grateful to have connected with you and your support means everything to me!! You make the world a better place, and remind me of my younger self through your writing…keep shining friend!!! Lots of love and hugs πŸ€—πŸ’›πŸ€—πŸ’›

I love how to describe emotions ❀️ sometimes I be walking and remember an image from what you’ve written

Awesome workπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Awe Aarushi, wow, I’m so touched! 😊 Thank you so much!!! I can’t tell you how much that means to me, honestly, words don’t describe it! You the best, big hugs and love πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ’›

πŸ’œβ€οΈπŸ’œ

Another beautiful piece of writing, Ace. You have a great way of expressing feelings of the soul. That is not easy to do. Keep writing, Ace… You will go a long way! Stay blessed and happy always β€οΈπŸ’πŸ™πŸ€—πŸŒΉπŸŽ

Omg Diana, thank you so much! That means a lot coming from one of my favorite writers! My heart and soul always light up seeing your name pop up in my notifications or reader, blessed! πŸ–€

8. Ahh, this is so deeply reflective and beautifully penned! I love how profound your theme is as always and how it just flows from start to end. And that featured image is gorgeous πŸ’•

Thank you so much!!! I am so grateful for your love, support, kindness and connection…truly means a lot!!!! Hope you’re well πŸ–€πŸ–€

9. “That’s the beauty of writing, it’s not just your fingers on the keys, it’s your soul’s voice that echoes on the tips of your hands.”
    And I’ll quote you on this one day πŸ˜‰

Haha!! I’m so touched, how kind of you to quote it! Thank you D, truly! Spirit hugs πŸ€—πŸ€—