What if I had changed?
What if you waited too long?
And the me you knew had gone?
Would it have hurt or burn?
Or would it have just been a lesson to learn?
I was there waiting at every door
Said the twists and turns in my core
You took me on adventures to soar
Thought you let me fall when I needed you most
I saw you on the coast
And you whispered that you were there
While the wind blew through my hair
I ignored you, because your voice hit me like bricks
I thought you were playing tricks
And then you appeared in that dream
I guess you know me too well
I don’t even know why I was mad
Or maybe it was the distance that made me sad
I wished you could’ve just sped things up a tad
I know everything is meant to be
But why does time have to become a lost key?
I fell into my little mind’s game
But it’s not me I’m going to blame
I’ve done it too much to make that move again
Instead, I let it go and thanked you
Turns out, we’re always learning something new
I remembered my perception can sometimes be askew
My impatience doesn’t need to turn into a mental zoo
Alternatively, I can look through the eyes you view
While I put my trust to the test and collect what’s true
Ace

This poem is an interesting one. I think there are two meanings to it; one that resonates is taking a trip down the lane of my past! This piece starts as my present self asking the Universe what if I had changed and you were too late, and then it goes into my days of doubt in the Universe. Writing on a real past conversation I had in my head, there was a day I was walking on the coastline of a beach and I heard the Universe’s voice, but, I pushed it to the side. That day actually taught me to start listening and facing my feelings more; so, the piece ends with the lessons I learned. The second meaning could be about a relationship in my life; as I was reading this poem, I was flashed some memories about it and came to some new realizations. I really like the way it turned out; the mystery and vulnerability within it lets the words come together a bit more. Normally when I write poems, I finish it and it is complete, but, this one I edited a few times as the double meaning had me running in circles a bit! I hope this helps you on your journey! Be fearless and free -Ace

36 comments on “piecing us together

1. nushhe says:

wow its really wonderful!! 😁❤

Awe thank you so much Anushka!!! That means a lot and I’m so grateful for your support, hugs 🤗🤗🖤

2. Ladysag77 says:

Piece by piece we create the puzzle of us, our story. The soul’s journey. Lovely Ace 😍

Yes indeed!! Thank you so much!!!! As always, I’m deeply touched by your love and support – means the world to me!!!! Grateful for you, much love sis 🖤🖤🤗

3. What if I had changed?
    What if you waited too long?
    And the me you knew had gone?
    Would it have hurt or burn?
    Or would it have just been a lesson to learn?

I can relate very much to those lines….❤️❤️ Beautiful writing as always dear Ace.

Awww thank you so much! That’s so kind of you to quote it, appreciate you!!! Your support, connection and love means so much to me!!! Spirit hugs and love dear friend 🖤🖤🤗

4. Nathi says:

Insightful poem, Ace! And thanks for sharing it with us✨💛

Aww of course, always here to spread love and inspire!! Thank YOU for being awesome and for your kind support, means a lot!!! Much love friend 🖤🤗

Very beautiful and thought provoking, dreamy. 🌹🙏

Aww thank you so much Amber!!! I always appreciate your kind support and words, blessed. Much love 🖤🤗

My mind totally got entangled in that double meaning too🌠✨🌠 such a well written wholesome piece💕 much love to you, Ace💜

Ah, I know it’s a deep one! 🤪 Thank you so much Aarushi for always taking the time to read and support so thoughtfully, always means a lot!!!! Much love and hugs to you, friend 🖤🖤🤗

🤗💞🤗

7. Alina says:

Wow, this was insightful and knowledgeable. “Turns out, we’re always learning something new” – Yesssss! Another amazing poem from Ace!

Aww thank you Alina!! You’re so sweet!! Your support and loving words always bring a smile to my face!!! I appreciate you dear friend!!!! Hugs and love 🤗🤗🖤✨

1. Alina says:

I’m happy to hear that 😃 Thanks! 🤗🖤✨

8. Absolutely beautiful!! I can relate to the process of your poetry and very much enjoyed knowing how you have expressed 2 different perspectives, it did give me a feeling of mystery and sort of an unraveling.

Awww thank you so much!!!! I’m so glad to hear that! Your support always leaves me so touched and with a huge smile on my face!!!! I appreciate you dear friend, much love and hugs 🖤🖤🤗

1. Absolutely my pleasure always :))))

9. Gracee1409 says:

This is absolutely relatable, lots of love💕

Thank you so much!! I’m glad to hear it and I appreciate your support, love and connection – means a lot to me!!!!! Much love to you too, friend 🖤🖤✨🤗

An amazing internal dialogue Ace. Learning to listen is a life long exercise and so very few of us are good at that. I keep trying 😊

It is a beautiful poem 💖🤗

Aww thank you so much!!! Yes you are so right, here’s to listening better together!!!! I so appreciate you and your support – means a lot to me!!! Hugs and love dear friend 🖤🖤🤗

Very beautiful and a joy to read, as always! Keep writing my dear friend. Have a lovely day !!♥🌹👏

Aww thank you so much Diana!!! That means a lot coming from one of my favorite writers!!! I appreciate you!! And your support always touches me! Hugs and love 🖤🤗

12. Thanks so much for explaining it! This is so raw, thoughtful and beautiful all at the same time! ✨

Aww of course!!! Thank YOU for always being in my corner and supporting me!!! I appreciate you so much dear friend!!! Love and light ✨💗

13. Mesmerizing work. I feel some of these lines hard, reminds me of my past. And this was intriguing: “My impatience doesn’t need to turn into a mental zoo”. Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much Benjamin!! That means a lot coming from such a talented and amazing poet like yourself!! Your support and encouragement leaves me touched!!! Hugs and love friend 🖤🤗

1. You’re welcome. I really find much to adore and learn from when I read your work. So thank you again for creating. We all have our unique creative expression and you have yours and it’s delightful. Hugs, love, peace. 🙂

Aww thank you so much Benjamin!! This message makes my day!! You shine a bright, unique and creative light as well that’s inspiring to many!!!! Appreciate you friend 🖤🖤🤗

I love this one… I can relate to a lot of the second half, when I think on a couple of ended friendships. This line really stuck out for me: “But why does time have to become a lost key?” So thought-provoking, though I feel I understand this intuitively. And these lines particularly:

“I fell into my little mind’s game
    But it’s not me I’m going to blame
    I’ve done it too much to make that move again
    Instead, I let it go and thanked you”

This is it! It’s just perfect. Love xoxoxo 💗

Awww thank you so much Lia!!! So kind of you to quote it, I’m truly touched!!!! I feel blessed to have connected with you and your love/encouragement means the absolute world to me!!! You are one of my favorite poets and I’m so overjoyed to have your support!!! Big hugs and love dear friend 🖤🖤🤗✨

Thank you so much and likewise Ace! 💗💗💗🤗🌷🌷🌷