Stopped and started this poem
A hundred times
Nothing felt right, not even the rhymes
Is it the perfectionist or the expressionist?

I don’t believe in right or wrong
I just sing my internal song
The tune’s a little off today
And that’s totally ok

Not exactly a twist or a turn
It’s a deep intrinsic churn
A little burn
But this is a journey for you to learn

When I face it
It floats away
And I can return to my rhythmic sway
You’re looking for something, not an escape, but, love’s landscape

The pillows of comfortable clouds
The thoughts that come in enjoyable crowds
That indescribable rush creating this harmonious sound
But yet, why are you stuck on the ground?

The foundation is sturdy and stable
Letting me feel ready and able
Even though it’s all just a label
You know in your bones, it’s time to jump off your foundation’s table

Only when I jump
Can I feel gravity’s thump
Through courage and tenacity
You know you can touch the sky, and feel love’s vivacity

Ace

49 comments on “the secret voice

1. Alina says:

The first two stanzas were pretty amazing! This was perfectly written and the lines in italic are beautiful!!
    ‘This was a journey to learn’ – wonderful! I loved reading this!!

1. Alina says:

‘But this is a journey for you to learn’ (correction)

Thank you so much, Alina!! Aww I’m glad you noticed the italic lines…they’re the “secret voice” 😁. You’re the best, I always appreciate your so kind, thoughtful and loving comments/support – means the world to me!!!!! Hugs and love, dear friend 🖤🤗

1. Alina says:

Of course. Ohhh 😅 Awww 🖤🤗

2. haoyando says:

That’s so enjoyable–the comfortable cloud, the crowding thought, the jumpy courage– the internal song of love. I love it.

Aww thank you so much!! You’re so kind, I am deeply grateful for your kind words and support – means a lot, friend!!! Much love 🖤✨

1. haoyando says:

😁😉😘👍

3. minametry84 says:

Comfortable words

Thank you so much, Mina!!! 🖤

Ace, each of your poems are like magical and when I read them I just go in a different world. How are you so amazing? Thanks for being so magical

Awww Riya, you’re the best!!! You make my day and the smile on my face will never come off!!!! I appreciate you so much, sis!!!! Thanks for always being there and for being awesome!!!!! Your support means the world to me!!! Hugs and love, dear friend 🖤🖤🤗

Beautiful lines, Ace. Rhyming made the poem even more beautiful. Great work. Congrats!!

Thank you so much, KK!! You always leave such kind and thoughtful comments, means more than words can say!!! I’m so glad we connected, and your support since the beginning always makes my heart warm!! Much love, dear friend 🖤🤗

You’re always welcome, my friend 😊

6. Whoaaaa!!!!That was awesome!! It was like a poem, song, and painting mix. The rhythm was perfection, the words flowed effortlessly, and I could visualize it all as I read. Excellent Ace! You are truly one of a kind!❤️

Aww thank you so much, Grace!! That means a lot coming from one of my favorite poets!!! You’re so kind! I appreciate you, dear friend!!! And I’m so touched by all the love and support you show me – means more than words can say!!! Hugs and love 🖤🤗

1. My pleasue.❤️🤗❤️

7. You’re looking for something, not an escape, but, love’s landscape – such beautiful truth in this!!

I like how your poem conveys a solid strength and a fluid rhythm all weaved in one beautiful flow – it is something not understood by the mind but felt and known in the heart-mind.

Aww thank you so much!!! That’s my favorite line too!!! You’re always so kind and thoughtful, I appreciate you so much!!! Aww that is wonderfully said and I’m so glad you feel that way about my work, you’re the best!!!! Your support means more than words can ever say, thanks for always being there!! 🖤🤗

1. 💛✨💛✨💛✨🤗

Keep singing sister, loud and clear for all 5he world to hear! Your song is a Melody that my soul recognizes and harmonizes along with as we rise in the light and love of it all 🌈🌠🎆💓😊

Awwwww sis, thank you so much!!! Your love, encouragement and support always makes my day and my heart warm! You’re amazing, your song deeply resonates with mine too and I love hearing us sing together!!! Grateful for you, much love 🖤🤗💫

Oh Ace this has to be one of my favourites, it’s so well written and close to heart. The imagery is so beautiful and the italics just bring it to a whole new level! Much love ❤ ❤

Aww that means a lot coming from one of my favorite writers!!!! Thank you so much, Cait!!! I appreciate you!!! And am always touched by your overflowing/continuous support, truly means more than words can say!!!!! Much love and big hugs 🤗🖤

😅💖
    All is well. What came out was just right 😊
    Happy Easter 🐣

Aww thank you, Ashok!! I appreciate that, you’re always so kind and thoughtful with your comments!! Grateful for you, dear friend 🖤🤗

Very beautiful as always, Ace. Somedays we gotta just go with the flow, isn’t it😊😊😉. Gracefully written!! Stay blessed and have a beautiful day ahead dear. ❤️❤️💐🌹🙏😍🎁

Aww thank you, Diana!! And yes indeed!! I appreciate you, dear friend!!! Your loving support and kind comments always make my day!!! You’re awesome!! Hugs and love 🖤🤗

Wow, this is incredibly beautiful! I love the whole thing, but the first stanza especially resonates with me. “You don’t have to be perfect to be amazing,” and I think the same applies to poetry. Amazing 💜💜

Aww thank you so much, Wardah!! Exactly, I completely agree with you! Your support means the world to me, I’m always so touched!!! Grateful for you, dear friend!! WP and I are so lucky to have you 🖤🤗💫

Aww 🥺 Thank you so much, Ace. I’m really really blessed to have met you. And you are so welcome! Keep up the amazing work ❤❤

I really love the last three paras and the imagery of this poem! Keep shining, pal❤️

Aww thank you so much, Aarushi!! Your support means a lot to me!!! Appreciate you, pal 🖤🤗

You too ❤️

Woah… this was really really cool to see and read… I love the style… third and fourth stanzas touch the soul for me… and all of it is just beautiful. 💖🌀🔆

Aww thank you so much, Lia!!! I’m so glad to hear that! You’re so always so kind, loving and thoughtful!!! I’m deeply touched by all the support you’ve shown me!!! Appreciate you and our connection, dear friend!! 🖤🤗

Ace, I can’t describe how amazing and fabulous this is. It’s just so beautifully poignant and I’ve been reading it over and over. Seriously in love with your work, buddy🥺🤗💓

Awwwwww you are so kind!!!! Thank you so much!!! This comment, connecting with you and your sweet support means the absolute world to me, I’m so truly touched!!!! Appreciate you, dear friend 🖤🖤🤗.

The pleasure’s truly mine, ace!!🤗🤗💓💓💓

16. This is strong and right up my street 🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾

Aww thanks, man!! I really appreciate that and your support always means a lot to me!!! Grateful for your, friend 🖤🙌🏻🙌🏻

17. Such a wonderful opening stanza. Sets the stage for the rest beautifully!

Thank you so much, Benjamin!!! You’re awesome, friend!! Words can’t express how much your support, connection and encouraging words mean to me!! Stay fearless, love and light 💫🖤

1. Welcome! I always gain something when I come here. And it’s important to lift each other up. Connections are everything. Many blessings to you!

Aww I’m glad to hear that!!! Right again, my friend…connections are everything!!! Here’s to continuing to lift each other up!! Appreciate you 🖤🖤🤗

18. “Through courage and tenacity
    You know you can touch the sky,..”
    Ahh, I love those two lines so much! They feel right at home in this incredible and raw poem 🤗💕

Awww thank you so much, D!! You’re always so kind and thoughtful, I really can’t express how much you and your support mean to me!!! I’m so deeply touched!!! You’re amazing, love and light 💫🖤