blank screen

I spend more time staring at a blank screen
Then I ever did in a previous life scene
Maybe I’m waiting for your name to pop up
Or for the poem to just write itself
My thoughts jump off the shelf
Arrange themselves on this blank sheet
Tug my rubberband cause you’re in my head
Waiting for my dream and I to meet
Then words and I can intertwine our thread
So much in the air
It’s hard to know which thought I want to make concrete
Too often I jump in and care
Practicing protecting my heart, regret and I don’t need to re-meet
So much to write about, how will I ever get it all out
I guess that’s what writing is about
A beautifully weaved route
Never a drought
On the contrary, something I can’t live without
Staring at a blank screen
Is when my daydreams are seen
More alive than they’ve ever been
I imagine seeing your name
All my words breaking the frame
I imagine the screen having a vivid image of my inner flame
Hearing this reality’s game
When I close my eyes and see this blank screen
It’s you who’s there, how keen
Define “keen” how you like, it’s more than it appears to mean
Ace

And here’s the image version! Be fearless and free -Ace

34 comments on “blank screen

1. Beautiful as always my friend. The pictures that you paint with your words are so amazing.”A beautifully weaved route Never a drought On the contrary, something I can’t live without” these words really stood out for me. Love it!! ❤️❤️❤️

Awww thank you so much, Grace!!! That means more than words could say, especially coming from someone I look up to!!! So grateful for you and all the love/support you’ve shown me…you always brighten my days!!!!! Hugs and love, dear friend 🖤🖤🤗🤗

1. Always a pleasure.❤️

The writing is about what you write so beautifully. Well penned, Ace as always. The poem became a screen itself to show your true emotions. Well done 👏

Awww KK, you’re always so kind!!! Thank you for always being there and for your kind support since the very beginning!!! I’m so glad to hear that, truly means a lot!!! So glad we connected, my friend!! Hugs and love 🖤🤗

It’s all my pleasure, my friend 😊

3. Navin says:

Ace, it’s a lovely poem….loving the flow….not just of emotions….so rhythmic….a suggestion….spoken word….it’ll be so great….

Aww thank you so much, Navin!! Your loving support and kind words leave me so touched – truly means the world to me!!! That’s a great idea, maybe at some point! Thank you for the suggestion, very thoughtful of you!!!! I always enjoy connecting with you 🤗, much love 🖤🖤

This was beautifully written Ace. And I agree with Navin. I really think you should try a spoken word too,Ace. It would be hit!! Keep writing your amazing pieces! Stay blessed always❤️🙏🌻🤗💐

Thank you so much, Diana!!!! Well, I’ll think about it…maybe at some point!! Appreciate the suggestion!! I’m always touched and grateful for your kind support and loving words, you’re amazing!!!! Hugs and love, dear friend 🖤🤗💖

3. Navin says:

You’re welcome Ace….you’re a kind person…much love ✨

4. Oh the flow of this blank screen is striking! Good job dear Ace, you know how to catch readers like me 😍😍❤️❤️

Awwww you’re amazing, dear friend!!! Your the sweetest and such a beautiful friend!!!! Appreciate you, and I feel so lucky to know you! Thank you for all the love and support you’ve shown me!! Hugs and love 🖤🤗

5. It’s hard to know which thought I want to make concrete – I am smiling at how much awareness is present for you to say this :))) I totally relate to the times when it seemed like I could write every moment of the day, it was just not possible to write as many ideas there were. Took me time to learn to let go. Stay blessed with inspiration and love everything that gets written by you 💛✨

Aww thank you so much!!!! YES, that is exactly the feeling!!! Thank you for sharing, I’m glad to know I’m not alone in this feeling 🤪. And yes, letting go seems to be the theme of my life as of late!!! Appreciate you and your thoughtful support, I always cherish our connections!!! Love you, dear friend 🖤🤗

1. I hear you, I see you, I understand. You are doing amazing. This was me just some years ago. I am very thrilled and proud for the privilege to witness you journey 💛🌹

Awwww you’re amazing, true friend. I can’t thank you enough for always being there and for being so supportive 🖤💖

Sometimes I think it’s uncanny how much we think similar thoughts. I wrote a blank screen poem too recently (not published). But yours is far more detailed, artistic and just generally lovely. 😅💗

Ahhh I feel the same!!!! We’re in sync! 😉 Aww I’m sure it’s better than you think, I’d love to see it one day!!!! You’re so kind, I really can’t thank you enough for your endless support!!! So grateful for you and our connection, hugs and love 🖤🤗

Beautiful as always!!

Thank you so much!!!!! Truly means a lot! Appreciate you 🖤🖤🤗🤗

THAT is beautiful, my friend. I love how you play with what’s not there, and what’s there. A beautiful paradox. Have a great day, Ace!! ❤🤗❤

Aww thank you, Jeff!! You’re always so kind and your support means so so much to me!!!! Ah you’re the first to point that out, how thoughtful of you!!!! Appreciate you, dear friend! Much love 🖤🖤🤗

You’re welcome, my friend. Always! I appreciate you too!! Love and hugs to you, dear Ace!!❤🤗❤

9. Shruba says:

Omg! Am I glad I visited the blog finally?! YESS! I love the way you built up the poem, it’s nothing like those lines that are generally forcefully rhymed at the end nor is it too abstract to understand the subject and yet simple as it may perhaps be, there is a certain depth that only one faced with a blank screen and a heavy heart can themselves relate. I absolutely loved it. 😭😍💕

Awwww Shruba, you’re so kind!!! Thank you so much for visiting, for your touching words and beyond kind support!!!!! Wow, that truly means a lot to me, especially coming from such a talented writer like yourself!!!! Grateful for you, new friend!!!! Hugs and love 🖤🤗💖

1. Shruba says:

It was my pleasure!! You’re welcome and I want to read more of your works so keep writing! You’re doing amazing 💕

Awww you make my day, I’m smiling so big right now!!! That truly means a lot, so happy to connect with such a kind soul like you 🖤🖤

3. Shruba says:

Hehe, the good vibes are mutual. You get what you sow. You deserve the love 💜💜

Hey, Shruba!!! I’m just checking in to let you know I nominated you for the Golden Bloggerz Award!! You absolutely deserve it! No worries if your site is award free, just wanted to share your beautiful work and how much I appreciate you!! Much love, my friend! Also, I’ve left a few comments on your latest post, as it was amazing, but I don’t know if they went through 🤷🏼‍♀️!

10. Read this through a few times. Deep thoughts. And wish I could give you more than two thumbs up and five stars! Keep up the fine work! Did make me think of how sometimes I’ll do anything to avoid writing. But in the ends the thoughts just have to come out. A writer is almost never left with a blank screen in the end. Always love your perspective on all things!

Thank you so much, Ben!!!! Awww that’s so so kind of you, I’m smiling ear to ear!!! YES, we may start with a blank screen for a while, but it never ends that way!!! I always love your touching, encouraging, motivating and thoughtful comments – you’re amazing!!!!!! Hugs and love, friend 🤗🤗🖤

1. You’re welcome! I love your energy. It’s very heartwarming and contagious. 🙂