Ticking clocks, burning lights and the spinning fan all begin to fade. I lay awake, waiting for my eyes to drift and my mind to wander; but something holds me back. Thoughts are rumbling, the power in my vision is still so alive and the beat to my heart echoes in the room. My bed feels comforting but its gentle rock isn’t putting me to asleep, it’s giving me that moment in the movies, when the depth of this journey is all in one’s sight. She comes and he follows, he stays and she wanders; she whispers, he hollers. I hear them both, but I go blank and roll over, now isn’t the time for conversations with myself about you.

Then I realize, society’s time crutch isn’t the reality I’m “supposed” to live in. My reality is shaped by the feelings, intentions and beliefs I carry, not the numbers they construct. So, the spinning fan starts to come back and I get up to collect myself. I say hello to everyone in my head, I say goodbye to silence.

But it’s in that moment, it all fades again – because when you let go, everything becomes clear.

Be fearless and free -Ace

33 comments on “One Night

1. henhouselady says:

I love the last line. You finally find peace when you can let go.

Thank you so much!! I’m so glad to hear that, I truly appreciate your support, connection and kind words!!! Hugs and love new friend πŸ’›πŸ€—

2. How truly said. 🀝 I so agree that if we let go, everything becomes clear. Very well said dear Ace ❀️❀️🌹🌹

Thank you so much!!! YOU are awesome, words can’t describe how much your support and love mean to me…always touched!!! Hugs and love dear friend πŸ€—πŸ–€

Beautiful. When the muddy waters clear everything becomes clearer. πŸ™πŸŒΉ

Thank you so much Amber!! Yes exactly…grateful for you friend and your support means everything to me!!! Love you πŸ€—πŸ’›

Thank you so much!!

4. ‘My reality is shaped by the feelings, intentions and beliefs I carry, not the numbers they construct. So, the spinning fan starts to come back and I get up to collect myself. I say hello to everyone in my head, I say goodbye to silence.’
    … I’m stuck in these lines Ace.. Nice piece.. Loved it.. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜‡πŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ

Awe, I’m quite touched…that is so kind of you to quote it!!! I appreciate you dear friend, your love and support always leaves a huge smile on my face!! Spirit hugs and love πŸ€—πŸ–€

5. Ladysag77 says:

I so enjoy your words here on reality and can agree, it’s our feelings and intentions that are the only truths we see. Beautifully expressed Ace. Peace is given in the releaseπŸ•ŠπŸ€

Thank you so much!!! Exactly…well said! I am so deeply and truly grateful for your love, support, connection and kindness…makes my soul alive/my heart warm!!! Can’t thank you enough!! Lots of love sis πŸ–€πŸ–€

6. What an amazing narrative of the play between the inner spaces and the noises that come in from out there. I often wonder how many people live within besides me, and what consciousness and intention can I bring to sort my way through. Your work is beautiful my friend.

Awe thank you so much!!! I’m so touched by your love and kindness, means the world to me! I wonder at that too, it’s in the wondering I find the answers. I appreciate you friend, hugs and love πŸ–€πŸ€—

1. πŸ’›βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨

WOW ACE, JUST WOW!! This is so so beautifully written, I really loved this piece and the imagery is so well done. The line ‘I say hello to everyone in my head, I say goodbye to silence’ is amazing, as are the italics at the end of the piece. Much love and hope you’re well ❀ ❀

Awe Cait, wow you make my day!!!! Thank you so much!!! Your excitement, kind words, love, support and connection make me so genuinely happy/deeply touched! YOU are amazing and inspire me!! Much love friend πŸ–€

8. nushhe says:

Soo beautifully written Ace! you deserve more than 178 followers. You deserve 250 I must say for this work πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ˜˜

Awe thank you so much Anushka!! That’s so kind of you to say and brings a smile to my face!!! I’m so grateful for your support, means a lot to me!!! Hugs and love friend πŸ–€πŸ€—

1. nushhe says:

Anytime Ace! ❀️

I love your philosophical somewhat existential musings, Ace. They really give me a lot to think about or express what I’ve been feeling lately. I especially like the second paragraph of this oneπŸ’™πŸ’ž

Awe Aarushi, thank you so much!! You make my day, I am so touched!! Your support, love and connection mean so much…words can’t express!!! Hugs and love friend πŸ€—πŸ–€

❀️❀️

So true and powerful. It IS in letting go that everything should get clear. Lovely words of motivation and determination. Keep up the positivity dear. Stay blessed! β€οΈπŸŒ·πŸ’πŸ’•πŸ₯°πŸ™πŸ€—

Thank you so much Diana!!! Yes indeed…I am so deeply grateful for your love, thoughtfulness, and support…means the world to me!!!! Lots of love friend πŸ–€πŸ–€

11. Alina says:

Inspiring and powerful. Amazing job writing this!

Awe thank you Alina!!! That means so much to me, you are awesome!!! I truly appreciate your support, hugs and love friend πŸ–€πŸ€—

PS – I saw your post earlier…I totally understand the feeling but keep shining and sharing your beautiful work, the Universe is lucky to have you!!! βœ¨πŸ€—

1. Alina says:

Of course. Thank you and you’re awesome too. πŸ€—β˜Ί

Thank yooouuu and you should keep sharing your mesmerizig work as well! I’m lucky to be able to read it. πŸ˜€βœ¨

You’re so welcome and thank you!! Always, awe, that’s so kind of you….lucky to be able to share it with you πŸ–€πŸ€—

3. Alina says: