Living for what other people think
Was something I did, and it made me shrink
The Universe and I were not in sync
I never lived for me; this life was but a blink
There was a day I started to realize
There’s a difference between caring and disguise
Character and care, are not lies
Putting on different shades and filters isn’t wise
Instead, my soul dies
I guess, I also didn’t know me through my eyes
Opinions about me and voices in my head
Shaped the me I’ve now shed
When I started to let go
And give me some attention and care
Life was no longer truth or dare
It became a journey, I was now aware
Judging myself for being the wrong kind of rare
Or basing my personality just to compare
Was more about fear and my little mind’s scare
I no longer regret it
If it wasn’t for that version of the “someone” I fit
That second wouldn’t have split
And I’d still be the fragments coming together
Just to be good enough
Now I’m soft and tough
Alive, free and aware of my magical stuff
I finally chose to be me and broke the handcuff
I became good enough
Ace

34 comments on “good enough

1. Wow! This is your master piece!I so much could relate myself to this. And the rhyming is a perfect fit for this poem. 👏
    An inspiring work dear Ace. Keep up the great work. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Aww thank you so much!!! You’re always so thoughtful and kind!!! It’s a highlight of my day to connect with you!!!! I am always grateful for your support and loving words…means more than words can say!!! Much love 🖤🖤🤗

2. Alina says:

The poem got better and better as it ended. “Judging myself for being the wrong kind of rare” – I held my breath at this. Amazing and I’m so happy you made it in the end!! 👏👏

Aww Alina, thank you so much!!! Awww I’m so glad to hear that, and you’re too kind!! Appreciate you, dear friend!!!! I’m always touched by all the love and support you show me – deeply grateful!!! Much love 🖤🤗✨

1. Alina says:

Of course 🖤🤗✨

3. Brilliantly written Ace. I absolutely love this piece and can definitely relate.Amazing as always. I keep finding myself looking forward to what you will write next. ❤️ 🙌 ❤️

Aww Grace, thank you so much!!! Awww, you make my day!!! Your support and kind words mean a lot…especially coming from one of my favorite writers!!! You inspire me, and I appreciate you!!! Much love 🖤🤗

1. My pleasure. So happy that we can inspire and support eachother. Much love my friend.❤️

4. Yes I relate to this so much – the shrinking, the shedding, the little deaths inside and the glorious little rebirths ✨
    Now I’m soft and tough
    Alive,

These lines are such truth – to be soft and tough is a hard earned skill, to live actually alive is an awareness preciously gained. Awesome work Ace💛✨

Aww thank you so much!!! I’m always so touched and beyond grateful for your support, thoughtful comments, love, connection and kindness – seriously, words can’t describe!! Here’s to being truly alive together!!!! Much love, dear friend 🖤🖤🤗

1. 💛💛✨✨💝💝

Wow this really is beautifully done, Ace… wonderful 💗🌻🔆

Aww thanks Lia, that means a lot!!!! I always appreciate your kind support and words – truly touched!!! Much love, dear friend 🖤🖤🤗

W😍W Ace!!!! Our journeys are so in synch and parallel. I have lived every line of this piece. Now that we’ve shed the baggage that wasn’t ours to begin with, we can laugh, skip, jump, run ,sing and dance into the Sun with our free souls shining bright 🌞 This new path is paved in gold, rainbows and all of the beauty the Universe holds🥰

Awww I’m so touched by this message!!!! And it makes me even more grateful to have connected with you, beautiful soul!!! You say it all so well…here’s to living with freedom and dancing in miracles to our souls’ content!!!!! I appreciate you, sis!!!! You’ve brought a smile to my face and a raise in my vibration!!!! Much love 🖤🤗

Aww thank you!! Appreciate it 🖤

🖤🤗🖤🤗

7. Aw.. this was so inspiring and powerful, Ave! I especially loved these lines, “I finally chose to be me and broke the handcuff.” It’s such a simple, lovely line portraying a choice very few can bring themselves to make. Wonderful as always, my friend! 🤗❤️

Aww thank you so much D!!! I always appreciate your touching support and kind words…means more than words can say!!! YOU are awesome!!!!! So grateful we connected, dear friend!!! Much love 🖤

1. Always a pleasure reading your writes! Haha, the feeling is mutual!❤️

As always! A masterpiece!! So well written and so much of depth and power in your words. Well done, my friend. Keep going! Stay blessed ❤️❤️🙏💐🤗💕👏🙌

Awe, thank you Diana!!! That means a lot coming from such a talented writer like yourself!!! I always appreciate your touching comments…connecting with you is a highlight of my day!!! Much love, dear friend 🖤🤗

Whattt!!! I love this, this is my favourite one, Ace!!? It’s such a beautiful balance between self love and reflection! 💝💝💝

Oh wow, really?!? Thank you so much!!! And I’m so glad to hear it!! You’re awesome, dear friend!!!! I always appreciate your touching comments and thoughtful support – means more than words can say!!!! Hugs and love 🤗🖤

Yeah! Much love to you💜

“There’s a difference between caring and disguise”

There definitely is, Ace! I love the growth and beauty in this poem! You don’t have to be good enough for others to be good enough for yourself. Self care always comes first. Beautiful 💛

Aww thank you so much!!!! You are so right, self care does come first! It’s so good to have you back! I always appreciate your kind words and support!!! Hugs 🤗🤗

🤗💛

11. Loving the overall message! And, I can relate to this part: “Living for what other people think / Was something I did, and it made me shrink”. That’s a hard thing to always recognize. Another amazing poem!

Thank you so much, Benjamin!!! It is a hard thing to realize but once we do, we can truly become free!!! You’re awesome, friend!!! I really can’t express how appreciative I am of the overflowing love and support you show me – means a lot!!! Keep shining and much love 🖤🤗✨💫

1. You’re welcome. It’s well-deserved, for sure. Keep being a part of the light of the world. Stay safe!

Aww Benjamin, you’re so kind!!!! Appreciate it, man. And same to you!! 🖤