Your laugh comes through the soft breeze
Your touch through the whistle of the trees
It’s you, because together we are one
The stars, the sand, and the sun

At rest is when we are at ease
Living presently in our memories,
It’s us, because together we are one
Afar, beyond, among

It’s this familiar feeling
Something so freeing, it’s healing
It’s me, because together we are one
In the ups, in the downs, in every stun

Revel in reliving what’s been seen
No longer concealed by glass ceilings
It’s we, because together we are one
Together this race we run

Can I go back to the moment we first met?
Life became the ultimate dream
It’s you and me, because together we are one
A knowing inside that will forever gleam

Ace + Binnzy

47 comments on “the nostalgic paradox

Aw it’s so beautiful, ace!! Great collaboration🤩🤩🤩
    Nostalgia is a funny feeling, it just takes your breath away. Would love to collaborate with you, sometime, dear friend ❤️🤗✨

Aww thank you so much!!! You’re amazing, friend!!! I am so glad we connected and I appreciate your support so much!! Nostalgia is one of those indescribable ones 😊. Absolutely, I’d love to! My email is on my contact page and we can go from there!!! 🖤🖤🤗

🤗❤️
        Awesome, I’ll contact you then!🤗💛

2. 🙌🏾🙌🏾🖤 forever a pleasure

Aww 🖤🙌🏻🙌🏻🖤, I feel the same. Appreciate you, dear friend. This is awesome!!!

This is so nostalgic and sweet 💖 I love the song “We Are One” by Maze, it’s a great tune about why we’re so hard on the one we love the most because “we are one” 😊

Aww thank you so much!! Oooo, I’ll have to check it out! Thank you for sharing!! So grateful for you, sis!! You’re the best for always being there and being so supportive – words can’t express how much it means to me!!! Love you 🤗🖤

4. Beautiful poem dear Ace. 😍😍

Aww thank you so much!!! Appreciate you and your support, dear friend! Hugs 🤗🖤

It is so beautiful Ace – together we are one 💕🤗

Which was that post Ace in which you had shared your album?

Aww thank you, Ashok!!!! Your support, connection and thoughtful words mean so so much to me!!!! I’m always deeply touched! New Single Out Now, has my latest single and the links to both of my albums. It’s just a a few posts back! You’re so kind, friend!!!! Hugs and love 🖤🤗

A lovely collab, Ace! Nostalgia is a feeling that gets me all dreamy and crazy too! What is life and love without it, right? 😍. Stay blessed dear😊💐🙏❤️🌹🤗🎁🌈

Aww thank you so much, Diana!! Totally, it’s that indescribable and indeed dreamy feeling!! I know you know it well!! 😁 As always, I’m so touched and grateful for your kind words and support, means more than words can say!!!! Hugs and love, dear friend!! I love and appreciate you!! 🖤🤗

awwwie, this is refreshing Ace. gives me a warm fuzzy feeling too. awesome collab, this is so well written. ❤

Aww yay, I’m so glad to hear that!!! Thank you so much, Aarushi!!! You’re always so kind, sweet and thoughtful- I truly appreciate you!!!! And am touched by your loving support. Hugs and love, friend 🖤🤗

9. Alina says:

“It’s this familiar feeling//Something so freeing, it’s healing” – Beautiful! Your collaborations always end up with really cool poems! Keep rocking your blog, Ace!

Aww thank you so much, Alina!! I’m so glad to hear that, you’re awesome!!! I am so grateful for all the love, support and encouragement you’ve shown me – means more than words can say!!!!! I love and appreciate you, dear friend!! Hugs 🤗🤗

1. Alina says:

Awww 🤗🤗

10. haoyando says:

Yes, we can. Memories bring us back all the time–the moment we first met is immortalized in our mind. We wish the moment last forever–“forever gleam”. How beautiful you make it sound!😉💖😊

YES!!! I LOVE how you say that, thank you for sharing your thoughtful words!! Aww you’re so kind!! I am deeply grateful for your touching support and encouraging words, means a lot to me!!! Happy we connected, hugs and love 🖤🤗

1. haoyando says:

LOL. Yes. Long live the connection and online sisterhood.

11. Beautiful as always Ace. It brought back very nice memories for me. This piece has an invisible melody that truly touched my heart. Well done my friend.❤️

Aww Grace, you’re so kind. I’m glad to hear that, and I love how you say “invisible melody”…such a compliment from an amazing writer like yourself means so much!! Words really can’t express how much your support means to me, I appreciate you!!! Your comment truly touches my heart!! Hugs and love 🤗🖤

1. The feeling is mutual.It is always a pleasure to read your work Ace. Hugs a and love to you too.❤️

A feeling of togetherness always excites and consoles one. Your poem is extraordinarily beautiful. Keep penning.

Yes, it does…it’s comforting!! Aww thank you so much, KK. You’re always so kind and leave such touching comments…I am grateful for you!! Much love, friend 🖤🤗

This is amazing!! I love how the words flow, it’s so beautiful! And the repetition of “because together we are one” is perfect. It’s so soothing (like all your other poems) and I really love it 💛

Aww thank you so much, Wardah!!! That’s my favorite part too! You’re always so kind, thoughtful and supportive…thank you for always being there since the beginning!! I appreciate you and our connection so much!!! Hugs and love 🖤🖤🤗

Of course! Take care 💛

14. Geo says:

Great work, Ace!

Why thank you, bro 🖤🤗

15. This is so beautiful truly 💛 a beautiful feeling experience to read through the poem, one of togetherness and oneness.

Awww thank you so much!!! You’re amazing!! I truly appreciate you, your kind words, loving energy and touching support – means more than words can say!!! Big hugs and love, dear friend 🖤🖤🤗

1. 💛💛💝💝

16. Msdedeng says:

Your last stanza really captured the beginnings of a love affair / journey so well 🙂

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate that, and your continuous support means a lot to me!! Grateful for you, friend! Much love 🖤🖤🤗

Another great collab! This piece is so well written wowowow. I love the inagery sm and the first stanza is beautifully done. Much love ❤️❤️

Thank you so much, Cait!! Awww that means a lot coming from one of my favorite writers!!! As always, I’m eternally touched and grateful for your love and support, means more than you could know!! Hugs and love, dear friend 🤗🖤

So perfect and beautiful!!! 💗💗😍😍

Aww thank you so much, Lia!! That really means a lot to both of us!! Appreciate you, dear friend 🖤🖤🤗💫

19. Nice duet. Loving how this closing stanza formulates.

Awww thanks so much, Benjamin!! I really appreciate that, and your support brings a big smile to my face/heart. Grateful for you, friend! Hugs and love 🖤🤗