Dear Love:

I know as I’m talking to you, I’m talking to the purest form of the Universe, the purest form of me. But, love, you’re a beautiful mystery, a magical history, a courageous now, future’s bow, all that’s truly real and the rush we all feel.

There are moments it seems you’re not there, but, then I feel your gentle touch and flow through the air. Even in the scary moments and even in the tough moments, I see you watching. Like my forever friend in my corner watching how I’ll emerge; it’s comforting to know that you are always truly there.

You move with a certain grace, it’s a sway I’m starting to pay more attention to. Maybe you’re in slow motion, maybe you’re at a standstill, maybe you’re speedy – maybe you’re timeless. When I’m in “that zone” or alive in “that flow”, I know it’s just times I’m closer to you. You ebb and flow, you weave and wander, you whisper and forcefully speak; but, no matter what form you come through, you always believe in me.

I am the wand, you are the spell and the result is the magic we create. I am your vessel, you are my gift. I am you, you are me. To some you’re electric, to some you’re soft, to some you’re the force of life, to some you’re a gentle voice, to some you’re an emotion, to some you’re a relationship, to some you’re a vibration, but, to me – You are all.

Even when my little mind gets loud, you’re there giving me the gift of courage through overcoming fear’s cloud. Even in life’s downs, you’re there presenting me with an opportunity to grow. Even when I can’t see you in the outside world, you’re there reminding me reality is just a show. Even when I doubt myself, you’re there whispering in my dreams, “You are more than you know.” Even through the “evens” you remind me all is an illusion, I am just here to learn and glow.

Dear Love – thank you for letting me experience you. Thank you for showering in me in all your lights. Thank you for illuminating my relationships. Thank you for all the tough love too. I still have a lot to learn about you, but, I do know all we truly are is your shadow.

Ace (Author’s note…this is not at all written about romance, but, however it resonates with you is perfect).

40 comments on “Love’s Shadow

1. Krista says:

Beautiful love letter 💕⚘

Awww thank you so much!!! I appreciate you and your support! Much love 🖤🤗

Sumptuous to read, gorgeous and so true ♥️

Thank you so much, Amber! I’m grateful and touched by your kind words and support – means a lot!! Hugs and love, my friend 🤗🖤

3. A lovely post by a lovely friend. ❤️❤️ You inspire me day by day dear Ace. 🤗🤗

Awwww ☺️ you make my day!!!! I really can’t thank you enough for all the love and support you’ve shown me – means more than words can say!!!! I love and appreciate you, dear friend!!!! YOU are a lovely friend 🖤🤗🥰💖

4. Awesome and Amazing Ace!!! I love it! The concept of writing a letter to love is beautiful on it’s own, but the words and feelings that you put into it are incredible. Excellent piece my friend.❤️❤️❤️

Awww thank you so much, Grace!!! That really means a lot to me, especially coming from one of my favorite writers!!! You’re amazing dear friend, I truly appreciate you and all the support you’ve shown me!!!! Love and hugs, my dear friend 🖤🤗💖

1. Very welcome.❤️

I had not seen such intimate words, Ace. You are the ace of words! Great work.

Awwwww KK, you’re too kind!!!!! I’m so touched, especially coming from one of my favorite writers!!!!! Grateful for you, friend!!!!! Hugs and love 🖤🤗

6. “I am the wand, you are the spell and the result is the magic we create. I am your vessel, you are my gift. I am you, you are me”

These are some just gorgeous words!!! It is so beautiful and also important to have this relation with Love itself. You describe the ebb and flow of the perception love absolutely amazingly.

Awwwww thank you so much!!!! You’re so kind to quote it!!! I always appreciate your loving support, thoughtful connection and touching words – means more than you could know!!!! Much love and hope you’re well, my friend 🖤🤗

Aww thank you!!!! I appreciate you and your support 🖤🤗

1. Msdedeng says:

You are very welcome, Ace!

Absolutely gorgeous truth. You are pointing to something very profound here, Ace. I love, love this piece. Beautiful. ❤🤗❤

Aww thank you so much, Jeff!!! You’re always so kind and supportive, I appreciate you!!!!! I’m always deeply touched by your connection and thoughtfulness – means more than words can say!!! Hugs and love, my friend 🖤🤗

You’re always welcome, Ace. Always. Indeed, a wonderful connection. Inspiring and lovely. I appreciate you too!!! Hugs and love to you, my friend. 🤗❤️🤗

8. Wonderful post, reflects much Love.🙏🏾🎉

Awww thank you so much!!! I appreciate your kind words and support, means a lot!!!! Hugs and love, new friend 🖤🤗

1. I am grateful to you! 🙏🏾🙌🤗🌹

Beautifully penned!

Aww thank you!!! You’re awesome, I appreciate you!!!! Hugs and love 🖤🤗

a great take on ‘love is in the air!’ 😂🥰 love is lucky to be described so beautifully❤️

Ah haha 😂😂, you’re so sweet!!!! Awwww that’s so kind of you to say!!!! Appreciate you and your support, means more than words can say!!!! Hugs, pal 🤗🤗💖

I think this should be published into a mini book titled ‘What is Love?’!! So beautiful, Ace! Alot of lessons in this post, alot of truths, and loads and loads of wisdom. I really enjoyed reading this one. Love you dear Ace! Stay blessed, and loved. For you are love! ❤️💐☺️🤗🌻🌈💕😘

Awwww Diana, you’re so kind…ALWAYS!!! Thank you so much! Words really can’t express how much our connection and your love/support mean to me – truly!!! You’re amazing, my dear friend!!! You light up my days and continue to inspire me!!! Love you, lovely soul 🖤🖤🤗🤗

Divine romance is the highest of all romance and you my dear Ace, are gifted to weave pure love and magic in whatever you touch 💖🤗💖

Stay blessed. Stay loved. Stay safe.

Love and hugs 🤗 💖🤗

Awwww Ashok, I’m so touched!!!! ☺️ That means more than words can say, especially coming from someone I look up to!! 🤗 Appreciate you, dear friend! And I’m beyond words grateful for all the support, kindness and connection you’ve shown me, truly! Stay awesome and big hugs 🤗🖤

💖🤗💖

I agree with all this, and meditate on the same concepts most mornings. You write it so very beautifully. Glad for your existence. 💗

Aww thank you, Lia!!! I’m so glad for your existence!!! Your kind words, support and connection always mean so so much to me…deeply touched! I love and appreciate you, dear friend! 🤗🤗🖤🖤💖💖

I don’t know what to say ace, this might be my favorite post by you

Awww Rishika, you’re the best!!! Thank you so much!!!! Appreciate you and your beyond kind words, so deeply touched!!!! Hugs and love, my amazing friend 🖤🤗

15. Kamande M says:

Very moving and well written! This reminds me of the movie “Collateral Beauty” starring Will Smith in which Love is given a body and walks around and talks with the main character.

Awww thank you so much!!!! I’ve never heard of that movie, I’ll have to check it out!!! Thank you for sharing! And I always appreciate your support, truly means a lot to me!!!! Hugs and love, dear friend 🖤🤗

16. It resonates on many levels! There are so many different forms of love: love or country, love of person, love of something higher, love of nature, and even the love for love as you have showed. You really hit on the ending. The whole concept was a great idea!

YES!!! You, my friend, write about love so deeply, divinely, beautifully and magically!!! So it really means a lot that you loved this piece, thank you so much!!!! Always grateful for your support, my friend!!! 🤗🤗🖤🖤

1. It was truly effective in its delivery. You had all the write words! You are deserving of the praise, but thanks for sending me some also. 🙂