Tucked under the covers of the night
The warmth of our library nook hugs us tight
Flipping through pages of poems until the one just right
Something connects, and our voice shines the light

With peace running through the air
Such love in a memory is so rare
The souls of the books weep
As dreams endlessly sleep

Poems so delicate and true
Some memorized but forever new
Phrases we’ve cradled in our hearts
From youth to now, becoming a Universal vow

The twinkling constellations
Formed spirals over our heads
While the character within created stable foundations
And the magic eternally spreads

The comfort of our parents loving eyes
The purity of their souls never told any lies
All could disappear, even the skies
Because the love in these poetry nights soothes nostalgia’s cries

Ace + Geo (my little bro 🤗)

It was so fun to collaborate with my little brother on this piece! This poem is based off our family tradition when we were younger of reading poetry each night. Those poetry nights shaped me into the person and poet I am today. It feels very full circle that my brother’s first poetry experience is this, it was such a pleasure writing with him. Do go check him out, he’s full of joy vibes and definitely played a big part in my journey of becoming fearless and free!!!

42 comments on “whispers of tradition

1. Geo says:

It was a delight collabing with you Ace! What a lovely poem we created together.

Aww, I feel the same!!! Yes indeed, here’s to many more 🖤🤗

♥️

3. Beautifully written Ace and Geo! Such a perfect melody. Excellent collaboration, I guess great talent runs in the family. Well done my friend.❤️

Awww Grace, you’re so kind!!! Thank you so much!!! I’m so happy you enjoyed this collaboration!!!! I’m always so touched and grateful for your loving support and connection – means the world to me!!!! Much love, my dear friend 🖤🖤🤗🤗

1. You are most welcome.It was a treat and a pleasure.❤️💕

4. Nawazish says:

Beautifully written Ace. Wonderful collaboration with you brother. I can relate to it as I and my sister read together and give each other recommendations

Aww thank you so much!!!! Ah that’s so awesome, thank you for sharing!!! The sibling connection is magical isn’t it?! I appreciate your support, kind words and connection – means a lot!!! Hugs and love, my friend 🖤🤗

Oh my such a brilliant piece by you both🥺💓💓
    Love it!! I love how reading poetry has shaped you, just amazing 💯

Thank you so much, amazing friend!!!! You are so special! So grateful and touched by your endless support and beyond kind words – means more than you could know!!!! Stay awesome, dear Rishika! Much love 🤗🖤

6. haoyando says:

“Flipping through pages of poems until the one just right” I do that all the time. Glad to know you are doing it also. LOL.

Aww thank you!!! It’s definitely a tradition I’ll remember forever!!! You’re always so kind and sweet, appreciate you!!! And am deeply touched by your support! Much love, my friend 🖤🤗

Oh my, what a lovely collaboration with your brother!! Love, love, love! That last line, phew, so powerful. Amazing! Love to you both!! ❤🤗❤

Awww thank you so much, Jeff!!! Your kind words mean so much, especially coming from one of my favorite writers!!! I always get excited to see your name pop up in my reader, I love connecting with you!!! Grateful for your always thoughtful support, much love 🖤🤗

You’re welcome, Ace! Always. Awe, that is so kind! I feel the same way about you, my dear friend!! ❤️🤗❤️

8. This is really an amazing piece. Now I knew,how the poet in you was born. ❣️❣️ Love to meet your bro, thanks for sharing dear Ace. Trust me, you both did a marvellous job here. 👏

Awwwwwwww thank you so much!!!! You are the sweetest!!!! Your words have a special place in my heart and I cherish our connections, truly!!! Of course…you and your bro do a marvelous job too!!!! I’m always touched by your endless support, love you 🖤💖🤗

9. Judy Kim says:

So cool that your family had a poetry tradition, makes my heart happy to imagine it💖

Aww Judy, thank you so much!!! You are so kind and I’m very happy to hear that!!!! I always appreciate your support, truly touched!!!! Hugs and love, dear friend 🖤🤗

1. Judy Kim says:

My pleasure to support your work🙏Hugs to you too, Ace 🤗

10. Ananda says:

Beautiful. God bless you and Geo ❤️

Awww thank you so much! You’re so kind, Ananda! Grateful for you support, much love 🖤🤗

Such a beautiful tradition Ace : to read poetry together. Beautiful collaboration and good to meet Geo 💖🤗

Awww you’re the best, dear Ashok! Thank you so much!!!! I’m always so touched by your thoughtful and loving words, I love and appreciate you!!!! Geo’s happy to meet you too, he’s heard a lot about you ☺️🤗😉. Thanks for always being there and for being amazingly YOU 💖🖤

I am good. Ace is the best 😊💖🤗

Such a nice collab, felt and enjoyed thoroughly. Congratulations to you and Geo! Great work. Keep it up 👍

Thank you so much, KK!! Aww I’m so happy to hear that!!!! You’re always so kind and supportive – leaves me deeply touched/grateful!!!! Thank you for always being there 🤗, much love 💖🖤

You are welcome 🙏

Aww… This is such a sweet collab between you and your brother! Very soothing and peaceful, Ace. I love every stanza! Love that you both have poetry running through your heart and soul. Well done!! Stay blessed both of you🌷🥰🌹🤗🌺❤️

Thank you so much, Diana!!!! Awww that means a lot, especially coming from one of my favorite writers!!!! You’re so sweet…they say we should all receive 8 hugs a day and your comments are definitely one of them! ☺️🤗 I truly can’t thank you enough for all the love and support you continuously show me, means more than you could know!!!!! Love you, dear friend 🖤🤗

You are worth much more than 8 hugs.. 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🌻🌻🌷🥰😘❤️❤️❤️❤️

14. That’s a fantastic family tradition! And this turned out really well! You two work splendidly together. Hopefully there will be more poems to come with the two of you.

Aww thank you so much!!! Yay, I’m so glad to hear that!!!! So so grateful for your kindness and support – means more than you could know!!!! Hugs and love, dear friend 🤗🖤

15. Wow, I could resonate with every word and the fact that it’s not only inspired by a family tradition but was also penned with your brother just adds a certain aura of beauty! Absolutely splendid write!! 🥺✨💖

Thank you so much, D!!! Awwwww you are so kind!!! As always, I’m deeply touched by your always supportive comments – you’re awesome!!! It’s so nice to connect again, I missed you!!!!! Big hugs and love 🤗💛🖤

Oohhh, love this, and the tradition behind it! So wonderful!!

Thank you so much, Lia!!! Aww I’m so glad to hear it, your support means the world to me!!!! Grateful for you, my awesome friend!!! Hugs and love 🤗🤗🖤

17. a.s. says:

It’s so cute that you and your brother did this together! Wonderful!!!

Aww thank you!!! It was an amazing experience, and fun for us both!! I appreciate you reading and your always loving words! You’re amazing, dear friend 🖤🤗🤍

18. Navin says:

Beautiful poem….an amazing collab Ace + George….wow, I loved this poem that I had to read it twice….it was simply flowing like a smooth & beautiful wave with deeper picture….the words are melting into each other to form this Universe….I hope, you both will collab again 💫🙏✨🤍

Aww Navin, thank you so much!! You are so kind, we are both deeply touched!! As always, your thoughtful/loving support means more than I can say – you truly inspire me, my amazing friend!!! I am so elated to hear that, means a lot. Much love, always 🖤🤗

1. Navin says:

You’re very welcome….it’s my honour to read such a profound writing….echoing your words coz you truly inspire me as well….much love 🖤✨🤍