Memory is a funny thing to me. Some days I wonder, “What would life be like if I had no memory of anything in the past?” Other days I wonder, “What if I could remember my soul’s entire past?” And then there are the days where I have this bursting gratitude for each memory I have – it’s as if I’m watching the best movie.

If I lived life without memory and treated each moment with a fresh, blank perspective, I think life would be boundless – almost like a dream. You know when you’re in a dream and you have no idea where it’s going, but you also know, you can take it anywhere you wish? That’s what life would be like, an unknown space of reality and a label-less world ripe with excitement for every moment — it would be like I just arrived here over and over again.

If I could remember my soul’s entire past, this journey, this life, would be so much more clear. I’d have answers, I’d have eternal experiences to learn from, I’d know my soul’s mission and most of all – I’d know who I truly am and what this reality really is. I know this life is not forever and I know my journey started way beyond the day I was born here, but I still have so many questions. In a reality where I knew my soul’s entire history, I would have all those answers.

And on those days when I dwell in my memories and soak in their emotion, I know this journey is perfectly meant to be. I smile at all those experiences that shaped me into the person I am today. I laugh at all those days I took things way too seriously. On those days I lived close to fear, I can look back with love and compassion instead of regret because I am truly grateful for that version of me.

So, in conclusion, the answer is — of course, all. Each perspective on my memory has its paradoxes, and that’s the beauty of this life. There really are no answers, and if there are, those answers are just your beliefs. I believe living life with a few less labels would be peaceful and living life with the knowing in my bones of all my soul’s past would bring me a lot more clarity. And I believe that all my memories shaped me into the me I am today. So, to every version of the past I’ve met – thank you.

Be fearless and free – Ace

57 comments on “Remembering

1. Kritika says:

‘I believe living life with a few less labels would be peaceful and living life with the knowing in my bones of all my soul’s past would bring me a lot more clarity.’
    Awesome post Ace. A beautiful soul you are.

Aww Kritika, YOU are such a beautiful soul, truly! Thank you so much for your kind words, means more than I can say. And I’m so touched by you quoting it, that’s my favorite part too 🖤🤗

1. Kritika says:

My pleasure always 🙂 (heart)

A beautiful write up, Ace! Thought provoking, but sometimes I feel like offloading some bad memories, but the way you have handled the subject is superb. I fully resonate with your views. Very well done 👍 💐💐

Aww KK, thank you so much!! Sometimes I feel that way too, but I eventually circle back to the gratitude for all the lessons on my journey. I’m so happy to hear that, your support always means the world to me! Appreciate you 🖤🤗

3. You’re right. Without memories, our life would be a blank screen. It would be like being stuck in a never-ending dream! And at times, I wish that I knew more about my soul’s past history too. Beautifully written, Ace 😃

Yes indeed, my dear Shweta!! Thank you so much for your thoughtful words and support, means a lot!!! Grateful for you and your awesomeness, dear friend 🖤🤗

1. You’re very welcome ❤️🤗

4. Aintamuggle says:

Reading this reminded of the movie “50 first dates” where she has an accident and she only remembers her life before it. She wakes up, everyday, just like she had the morning before accident. She meets a guy on one such days and falls in love but then forgets about him the next day. Its heart wrenching. For her and him. I wouldn’t wish that.

Ah thank you for sharing the movie…I had never heard of it. That does sound heart wrenching. There are so many different perspectives to memory. I always appreciate your kind and thoughtful comments, thank you so much!!! Much love, dear friend 🖤🤗

5. skylinerise says:

Hey friend!! I loved your writing !!! You are awesome 😊😊. You are an awesome and a really good and supportive person. Loved your article 😊😊❤❤🤗🤗

Hey friend!!! Aww thank you so much!!! YOU are awesome!!! So happy to hear you loved this article! I appreciate you and your support so much, you’re the best! I feel so lucky to have connected with you 🖤🤗

1. skylinerise says:

I am glad that I connected with you!! It makes e happy to see so many sweet people who supports me a lot and gives me so much love and appreciation!! It is a really great gift for me!! With lots of love 😊😊❤❤❤

6. Loved this post, dear Ace. I have had similar thoughts throughout my life. I feel that great soul memories are ingrained and help us make decisions when we need them, even if we don’t remember them, at times we still feel them. I love how you communicate your feelings so clearly. It’s like a breath of fresh air. You truly are awesome and amazing , my friend. ❤️❤️

Aww Grace, thank you so much!!! I love how you say that, my friend…especially the feel part. That’s perfectly and wisely said! Your support and loving words truly mean the world to me, I am eternally grateful!!! Much love, my amazing friend 🖤🤗

1. My pleasure.Much love to you.💕

7. Oh my, this is so thought provoking write dear Ace. I really want to know how life would be if there is no memory of past is stored in our brain! ☺️☺️
    But I like how you end so brilliantly by saying all my memories shaped me into the me I am today. 👏👏 Great share dear Ace. ❤️❤️

Aww thank you so much, dear Preeths!! I want to know too! That’s kind of where the inspiration for this post came! Aww you’re so sweet! I appreciate you and your precious words! Thank you for being beautifully YOU and for all your loving support 🖤🖤🤗🤗

8. Interesting post! Memory is so important, because it shapes us in every moment of our lives. Every choice we make is only because of former things. And I guess our previous-life memories could be like intuition. Real talk: “There really are no answers, and if there are, those answers are just your beliefs.” We have yet to find the answers so far. Maybe one day we’ll get to ultimate truths, but as of now we’re just at place of science and faith. Brilliant post!

Aww thank you so much, Ben!! It does indeed shape every moment of our lives, that’s well said. So true, maybe our soul’s deepest memories are the intuition’s call…words of wisdom, my dear friend!! I think ultimate truths are only known within, nothing external will get us there. I am so truly grateful for your thoughtful read and support – means more than I can say. Thanks for always being in my corner, you inspire me 💚💙

1. You’re welcome. “Soul’s deepest memories” that’s such a cool phrase. You should do a poem on that! Yes, the power of within rather than without. But also, you can go inside/out in thinking or outside/in and you’re right it’s more powerful finding inner truth first. That’s probably the real truth. Welcome. Keep working hard! You’re doing great! 💚💙

9. Navin says:

A profound write up, Ace….”So, to every version of the past I’ve met – thank you.”….this is echoing in me like crazy….this says it all….You’re truly a Fearless Free Soul….I can sometimes be a Flawless Freak Show (hey, it rhymes)….but I know, there’s a knowing in it as well, that helps me in hitting the invisible n yet very visible the reset….it’s my weird way of saying, I love your lines….there’s not just depth but also a lot of breadth….stretching my “arms” to grasp….your writings are truly a blessing, wrapped as a beautiful gift 🖤✨🤍💫

Awww Navin, thank you so much!!! You are so so kind, I am so honored to be seen by you. Ah haha, Flawless Freak Show…I love that. I totally get what you’re saying, I love your “weird sayings”…they are what make you divine and your comments so special!!! Awww I am so so touched to hear that, my arms are grasping your beautiful gift of support. I feel very lucky to be read by you 🖤🤗

1. Navin says:

You’re welcome dear Ace….I don’t even try….put my effort….I simply connect with your profound writings….lol….you love “Flawless Freak Show”….you’re truly kind n you know the deeper meaning….it’s a pure blessing that you share your knowledge with your readers….much love to you ✨❤️💫🤍

10. it would be like I just arrived here over and over again – this is such a rich realization and revelation to have. You truly are so aware and awake to life dear Ace. Indeed memories and moments of our life strung together make for a movie like reality. That is a great symptom of knowing how we are present in this current moment reality :)) I love how you say and agree wit you that all answers are belief and not the entire truth. When we live in question of the unknown more gets revealed to us and always in the right measure. Keep shining amazing Ace!

Awwwww you are just the best!!! I am so overjoyed and touched by your thoughtfulness and deep kindness, I appreciate you so much!!! “Indeed memories and moments of our life strung together make for a movie like reality.”-this is just pure wisdom said in such a magical way…I deeply resonate. Thank you for always sharing your authentic divinity and loving support, means more than I can say!!! Grateful for you, always 🖤🤗

1. 💛💝🤗✨✨✨

11. Hitesh.C.K says:

An other excellent piece sister. Really a well thought writing. “I believe living life with a few less labels would be peaceful and living life with the knowing in my bones of all my soul’s past would bring me a lot more clarity.” This is absolutely right, if we reduce expecting everything around us to be the way we want it to be and instead embrace the beauty of nature as it is then life will be lot more happier. Memories always teach us and we should be patient enough to learn.😊😊😊Continue to grow, to be the best version of you sister. Have a great time 🤗🤗🤗😊

Aww brother, thank you so much!!! I love how you say “embrace the beauty of nature”…that’s so wise and deeply true. YES, memories do teach us…we are our own ultimate teachers!! I appreciate you and your thoughtful support, means more than I can say! Thank you for always being in my corner 🖤🤗

12. This is such a wonderful article Ace 🙂

Aww thank you so much, Vignesh!! Your support always means a lot to me, I appreciate you! 🖤🤗

1. My pleasure 🙂

13. Filarance says:

Wowww..! My sweetie, I really loved this piece very much..! Such a brilliant write my brilliant friend..! And yes truly said..! Life will give us many advantages things and bad memories and good memories..! But we have to forget the past bad memories..! Many times I thought about my bad memories it will not leave us to enjoy our present..! Past is past it will not going to come back..! So let’s celebrate and enjoy our present and be strong and healthy to fight our the future problems..! Just I will think like this..! For me there are bad memories but I won’t thing about. If I did then my whole day will spoil..! So I will never do that..! Just enjoying my life..!( And talking with my sweetie you)😉 You are such a sweetheart..! Your writing are so marvelous..! I am really fall in love with you articles and poems dear..! You are the rhyming queen..! I will say this 1000+..! You are a sweet candy.! Love you so much, my lovely bestie..!🤗🤗💕

Awww Filarance, you are so so special!!!! So glad to hear you loved this piece! I love what you say about the past memories and enjoying life now, you are so deeply wise!!! Thank you for sharing your amazingness with me!! I am always so deeply touched by your support and kindness, means the world to me!!! Always brightens my day to connect with you!!!! I’m lucky to call you bestie, thank you for always cheering me on!! Love you, my beautiful bestie 🖤🤗

1. Filarance says:

Wowww..! My dear ace, I’m truly touched by your words..! You’re awesome..! It’s so marvelous to hear from you my sweetie..! I’m really happy to share with you my dear..! You are the sweetest..! Wowww..! I’m speechless my dear..! A million thanks to you..! Woww..! My day is shinning than a star because of you my dear..! You’re shinning star in my days..! I too lucky to call you bestie, you are an angel..! I will always cheer you my dear ace..! And Good morning my sweetie..! Have a blessed and happy day..! What you are doing my dear..? Shall I bring coffee for you? And i want to go a small walk with you right now..! Shall we my dear?? 🤗🤗💕

Awwww YOU are the sweetest, my dear bestie!!! Thank YOU! I am just getting caught up with WordPress and enjoying the morning! Awww yes, bring me a coffee, let’s walk 😉🤗. So sweet of you to chat…how are you doing today??

3. Filarance says:

Wowww..! Sure my dear..! I will bring you coffee..! And tell me how my coffee is??😉😊 Woww..! You made me to feel very happy dear..! Me..! Just now heard your voice I have saved it with me my bestie..! And talking with an angel who making my day very shinning that’s you my beautiful bestie..!!🤗🤗

Your coffee is superb!!! It’s divine!! 😉😂. Awww you made me very happy!!! How sweet you saved my voice, you’re a gem! Thank you for making my day and bringing big smiles to my face, you’re amazing 🖤🤗. Love you, my beautiful bestie!

5. Filarance says:

Woww..! It’s so fabulous to hear from you my dear..! Yes, my dear I haved saved with me..! Woww..! It’s my pleasure dear..! You are very welcome..! You are an angel..! Love you, my butterfly..!🤗🤗

6. Filarance says:

And also in that award post if you would change that boy into girl you can dear princess or otherwise don’t want my Amazing bestie..!😉🤗🤗

Oh I didn’t mean it at all in regards to you, I meant it as an expression. I know you’re a girl, obviously! And one of the best in the Universe 🖤🖤🤗

8. Filarance says:

Oh my sweetie..! I’m extremely sorry my dear..! Plzz forgive me.!😔
        It’s so marvelous to hear from you my beautiful bestie..!🤗🤗

Don’t worry about it at all!!! It’s not a problem, glad we clarified! Stay amazing, my special bestie 🖤🖤

10. Filarance says:

Woww..! Okk my sweetie..! Me special bestie..! Woww..! I might cry..! You are the sweetest dear..! Woww..! Love you, my shinning bestie..!🤗🤗

14. An excellent post. Really got me thinking.
    If you permit I could add some spiritual facts to this idea and write an article as a collab post. Of course we both will approve before it goes out into the world 😊

Thank you so much, my friend. I appreciate your support. So glad to hear it got you thinking. Sure, I’d love to see more of your thoughts! I’ll email you and we can go from there.

Love your post, dear Ace! Memories mean everything to me..(mostly the good ones.. But the bad ones too help remind us to value what we have more). All your words make perfect sense…as always dearest Ace!😘🤗🙏💕💐😊❤️

Aww Diana, thank you so much! Yes, that is so wisely said…I know memories mean a lot to you, I can see it in the hope that’s always laced in your beautiful poems!! So touched by your thoughtful read and support, you mean a lot to me! Love you, my dear Diana 🖤🤗

A beautiful post, dear Ace. I love how you look back with love and compassion, embracing all that you can see, and all that you cannot see; and knowing that all has created the YOU that you are today, and we are all the luckier for it. Sending love and hugs, my dear!! ❤🤗❤

Awww Jeff, thank you for such a special comment! You are simply the best! The way you explain this post is exactly what I was hoping to convey! Thank you for always sharing your wise knowings, it’s truly an honor to be read by you 🖤🤗

You’re most welcome, dear Ace. Always, always. Awe, that is so kind, my dear friend, thank you. The feeling is entirely mutual. ❤🤗❤

17. Such a beautiful post, ACE!!! Memories mean everything… This is perfect ❤️

Awww Geet, thank you so much!!! I am so touched by your thoughtful words, you’re amazing. Love you, my dear friend 🖤🤗

🙏🏻🖤

18. Rahul Gaur says:

Such an illuminating piece of work! Will ruminate on all of this.

Aww thank you so much!!! I am so touched to hear this, really means a lot! Appreciate you, my friend 🖤🤗