One of the pillars of my character development and foundation-building in my childhood was loyalty. I always thought of it as one of the more simple concepts, something that’s an obvious trait. Through relationship ups and downs, growing internally and watching the Universe (me) design my life, I learned loyalty is a little bigger than I might have realized.

It feels so good to be loyal to yourself. When you know who you are in your bones, when you love yourself enough to stand up for yourself and when you believe so purely in your strength – life becomes so free. It’s the only way to truly live or thrive. You can’t authentically be loyal to something/someone else if you aren’t loyal to yourself. Something externally can trigger, question or test you, but, with loyalty to yourself there’s a certain peace within that allows you to see with open eyes and to rise above with an open heart. Here’s the fun part about being loyal to yourself — you automatically are being loyal to the Universe, because you are it and it is you; the Universe and you are one. The Universe is always loyal to you, because without even knowing it, there’s a place inside of you somewhere that always loves you for you; that place is called your soul.

In a few recent life experiences, I let loyalty roam around a little bit in my head. Bumping into experiences where it feels as though others are not loyal to us in ways that we would rather they be or if we feel betrayed or let down, it can seem that we live in an unfair, lonely, disloyal world. But, in reality, people can only be as loyal to us as they are to themselves. Throughout learning important character traits, and, together, laying foundational character work with my family as a very young person, I continue to realize over the years just who I am and how I function in Life and relationships. I know what I can count on from me and it guides me as I navigate even the toughest of situations. There is this ‘me’ that is guiding my choices full of what I can count on to show up as my character — and that is what is loyal to me and I to it — that force that guides me through knowing who I Am and who and what I am not and/or what I will and will not allow/participate in. Others meet us where they are at on their own perfect journey. The same loyalty we show ourselves is the loyalty that shows up for and with others. It is all a beautiful experience that is just as it should be along the way of embodying ever more of who we truly are.

When you trust yourself (the Universe), you can truly see this journey in a grander perspective. Grander perspective as in, more than this so-called human life — something infinite. This life is more than we believe it to be, we are the creators and everything happens for a reason. With loyalty to yourself, you start to see how everything truly connects.

I’m going to be honest, relationships are tricky. They’re one of the hardest things to life, but, one of the most rewarding! I believe in humanity, I believe in people, I believe in love. I care and I see you for you, so, I’ll be loyal if the stars align and if my intuition knows. There’s a piece of me that naturally sees people as being genuinely loyal too, and who knows, that could be true or not. The truth is, we’re are all reflections of each other, so maybe that’s just me seeing myself in another. People may not be loyal to you, they might not see you for you and that’s ok. Everyone is learning, growing and evolving at their perfect pace on their journey. I have loyalty to the Universe because I trust that all is always well and that all is meant to be. I have loyalty to myself because I am my best friend and I infinitely trust me through everything/anything.

I think sometimes the most seemingly simple things in life are the most powerful. And right now, loyalty is presenting itself a lot in my life. Through it’s appearances recently, I’ve paid more attention to the feelings that come with being loyal. Let’s just put it simply — it seriously feels so good to be loyal to yourself! You know when you smile and your whole aura changes, your thoughts change and your heart opens; it’s a similar feeling through being loyal. Someone can be talking to you, waiting for you to say a certain thing or to talk down / lower your vibration and you just smile and stay true to you, it’s so simple but such a BIG thing! There’s a knowing that comes with being loyal, it’s a knowing of your soul. And when you know your soul, YOU are truly fearless and free.

Here’s to being loyal to ourselves (the Universe) and basking in the magical emotions that come with it! Be fearless and free -Ace

53 comments on “Thank You, Loyalty

1. You are so right. How we see ourselves is how we see others. Loyalty is the foundation of any relationship. Even the relation we share with ourselves.
    Great post.

Thank you so much!!! I truly appreciate your support and thoughtful words, means a lot!!!! Yes indeed, my friend! Awww you’re so kind, much love! πŸ–€

I am always confounded by your writtings! You are amazing ya! I always end up gushing over your skills! You are the best!
    Happy Mother’s Day btw! Did you re as my post on mother’s?

Awww thank you so much, Riya!!!! You are the sweetest, my dear friend!!! I’m always so touched by your loving support and words, you brighten my days!!! I think YOU are the best!!

I did, it was a super sweet and loving tribute!!! Well written too, dear Riya!!! I’m sure many out there seriously enjoyed reading like I did!!!! πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ€—πŸ€πŸ’–

3. Being loyal to yourself should not be more difficult, than being loyal to someone else. But many times it is, and it is sad.

So true, my friend. But this journey is meant to be through every up and down, no matter how hard it is we will get there!!! Loyalty to ourselves is so freeing. Thank you for your thoughtful read and comment, I truly appreciate it πŸ€—πŸ–€

I am in awe of this. I agree to it on every level. Loyalty and trust is the foundation of every single relationship. Amazing post!

Awwwww, I am in awe of your comment!!! You are so kind and your support means more than I can say!! Yes indeed, my friend…I totally agree!!! I am so grateful for you, thank you for everything πŸ’–πŸ–€πŸ€—

5. Excellent piece Ace! I absolutely loved it!. Loyalty is one of my most valued qualities in people.”I have loyalty to the Universe because I trust that all is always well and that all is meant to be. I have loyalty to myself because I am my best friend and I infinitely trust me through everything/anything.” Everything you expressed resonated with me but these two lines truly stood out to me, giving me goosebumps as an indicator of certainty. Well done as always my friend.❀️❀️❀️

Aww thank you so much, Grace!! I’m so happy to hear that and how kind of you to quote it, I’m truly touched!!! I always appreciate your thoughtful support and loving connections, you are amazing!!! Grateful for you, hugs and love πŸ–€πŸ€—

1. β€οΈπŸ’•πŸ™

6. haoyando says:

“And when you know your soul, YOU are truly fearless and free.” That’s very true. If we live a life of authenticity and be true to ourselves, it will be easy for us to be loyal to everybody else.

YES YES YES, I so resonate with what you say here…well said!!! Thank you so much for your kind comment and always loving support – means more than I can say!!! Hugs and love, my dear friend πŸ€πŸ€—πŸ–€

1. haoyando says:

πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜œπŸ’– Love your positive energy.

7. Ananda says:

❀️

Appreciate you, friend 🀍🀍🀍

8. Such beautiful and deep truths about self-reliance, loyalty and integrity to ourselves and those around us πŸ’›βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨

Thank you so much!!! I always appreciate your touching comments and loving support, you truly inspire me!!! Sending you so much love and big hugs…thank you for always being there πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ€—

1. πŸ’›πŸŒΉπŸ§‘βœ¨

When we heal us, we see that love, joy and peace within others. Same goes for when we heal pain and sadness. Very profound stuff sis❀

Aww thank you so much, dear sister! Yes indeed, so truly said!!! Here’s to continuing to heal together!!! I appreciate you and your always touching support more than words can say!!!!! Love you πŸ–€πŸ€πŸ€—

An amazingly insightful post my dear dear Ace. I am so so proud of you and sending a huge loyal and love filled hug πŸ€—

I am fiercely loyal – even to some organisations I worked for decades back. Loyalty is the foundation of our spiritual life.

A thought came to my mind while reading this absorbing post : even if we replaced loyalty with love in this post, it would still stand strong πŸ˜ŠπŸ’–πŸ€—

I love my blogger friends and am loyal to them πŸ’–πŸ’–

Stay safe. Stay loyal. Stay loved Ace πŸ₯°

Ashok…I am lost for words answering this comment!!!!! You and your amazingly touching words/loving energy have such a special place in my heart forever!!!!! I’m going to hang all your comments on my bulletin board!!!! I feel your hug, truly…whenever I read your comments this wave of peace and love comes over me, that’s just the amazing soul you are!!!

I can tell that with you, it truly is such a powerful foundation. Awww that’s so sweet, how kind of you!!!! Loyalty is love, and love is loyalty so that makes sense! I feel the same about this community, including you, dearest Ashok. You’re a true friend I’m beyond thankful for πŸ–€πŸ€πŸ€— Big big hugs πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ–€πŸ’–

You are so loving and kind and appreciative Ace. Thank you so much for the hug … you know that is the only thing I have been missing in the lockdown πŸ€—πŸ€—
        Hugs heal πŸ’–πŸ€—

What a beautiful post, Ace!! I love how you write about loyalty and authenticity in the same space, as I too believe they share space this way. Wonderful, wonderful, my dear friend. Love it. Love and hugs to you! πŸ€—β€οΈ

Thank you so much, dear Jeff!!!! I’m so glad to here that and yes, they do indeed share space!!! I always appreciate your support and thoughtful comments – truly means a lot to me!!!! Hugs and love, my friend πŸ–€πŸ€—πŸ€

You’re welcome, my dear friend. Always!! Yes! Indeed, they do, agreed! Lovely, lovely. Have a splendid week, Ace!! β€οΈπŸ€—β€οΈ

12. Couldn’t agree more. Such an insightful post dear Ace. ❣️❣️ This resonates with me in many ways. I don’t think someone can write about this topic better than you. You said it all πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    You truly are an amazing writer my dear Ace ❣️❣️

Awww Preeths, thank you so so much!!!! I’m so happy to hear that and your comment truly makes my day!!!! You are so kind and I’m lost for words trying to answer this!!! You know you are amazing and a shiny diamond in my life, right?!? ☺️ So grateful for you, my dear friend!!!! Thank you for everything, truly….love you πŸ–€πŸ€—πŸ€

Ace, you are so special and amazing. Love the way you’ve written this, so much. Such beautiful shining reminders. Thank you for sharing your awesomeness with the world. πŸ’—πŸ”†πŸ€—πŸ™πŸŒ»

Awww Lia, it’s so good to have you back!!!! YOU, my friend, are amazing!!! Your beautiful light shines so strongly through all your words…your comments are like a big hug!!! I can’t thank you enough for all your love and support, truly means more than I can say!!! Hugs and love πŸ–€πŸ€—πŸ€

14. nushhe says:

Excellent post! I can’t stop agreeing with u. I love the way how u described πŸ’•πŸ’› I actually have no words to describe the beauty u wrote but just get the idea that it was splendid piece of ur!

Awww Anushka, you are so so kind!!! Thank you so much!!! I’m so very happy you love it!!! Your support and kind words mean the world to me, I’m deeply touched!!!! I appreciate you, dear friend!!!! Hugs and love πŸ–€πŸ’–πŸ€—

1. nushhe says:

No problem at all! U deserve it 😊

15. Mairi says:

Thank you Ace. I needed to be reminded of all that this morning, as I woke up feeling out of sync with the Universe. Being authentic and loyal to your own soul can be challenging. I absolutely love this line…”In a few recent life experiences, I let loyalty roam around a little bit in my head.” Such a gentle, caring and insightful way to describe that. I recognise that feeling so well….Much love πŸ’™πŸŒΌπŸŒ»

Thank you so much, Mairi! I totally get that feeling, and yes, it can totally be challenging. But we always gently guide ourselves back into living from our soul, a place that is always loyal! Aww you are so kind! I deeply appreciate you and your support, I always love our conversations!!! And thank you for always being there πŸ€—. Much love πŸ–€πŸ–€

Lovely post, as always Ace! This is an attribute I myself value deeply. Very well explained and I love the way your thoughts weave through your words. Stay blessed my friend! Stay blessed and have a lovely day πŸ€—πŸŒ»πŸŽπŸŒΉπŸ™πŸ’•πŸ’«

Thank you so much, dear Diana!!!! Aww you are always so kind, supportive and thoughtful!! I can’t thank you enough for your loving support and always touching connections – means more than I could ever say!!! Hugs and love, my amazing friend πŸ–€πŸ€πŸ’–πŸ€—

I have no words, Ace. A marvellous post. I felt as if the words used by you are mine. Thanks for reminding this quality that everybody should have as a human being.

Aww KK, thank you so much!!! Oh wow, I’m so glad to hear that! Thank YOU for always being there, for being so incredibly supportive and for brightening my days – you’re an awesome friend!!! Appreciate you, much love πŸ–€πŸ€—πŸ€

18. Navin says:

I so much connect with what you’ve shared with this post….truly, we all are reflections of each other….this is what I strongly believe….”It feels so good to be loyal to yourself”…..self love is so crazy important….if I can’t love myself, how would I ever love anyone else, when we all are reflections….this is what I’m realizing….Rose is beautiful not just because of its color, delicate & fragrant petals but also because of its sharp thorns, that can make one bleed….it’s a “whole package”…..What You Believe Is What You See Is What You Get….WYBISWYSIWYG rather than WYSIWYG….Dear Ace, another heartfelt sharing πŸ’«β€οΈβœ¨

Awww Navin, thank you so much!!! Yes, recently, the realization that we are all reflections really has moved me and made me think about deeper concepts. Absolutely, self love is one of the most important things to life!!!! It lets you become free, and exactly…that is well said!!! YES Navin, I love what you say about the rose! That’s so true and expertly said…maybe a future poem πŸ˜‰πŸ€ͺ! And you just become even more wise because that acronym is πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ». I totally resonate and wholeheartedly agree!! Thank you being so incredibly YOU and for connecting, I cherish our conversations!!!! You’re amazing, my dear friend πŸ–€πŸ€—

1. Navin says:

You’re very welcome, Ace!!! You’re simply evolving….you’re in contact with the true being….the only YOU….I’m glad you liked the acronym….I cherish our conversations as well!!!!….I feel blessed to have “met” you, dear Ace….Always be YOU ✨❀️

19. What a beautiful mixture of realness and positivity! I’m going to be thinking of this for a while: “The Universe is always loyal to you, because without even knowing it, there’s a place inside of you somewhere that always loves you for you; that place is called your soul.” It’s such deep thought. The loyalty of the universe. Wow! Thanks for sharing these thoughts. Love how you spread love and truth!

Awww Ben, thank you so much!!! Ah I’m glad to hear that, I always appreciate your most thoughtful reads and comments!!! Thank YOU for everything, my awesome friend! I’m running out of words to describe how much gratitude I have for all your kindness, connection and support!!!!!! Hugs and love πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ–€

1. You’re welcome a million times over. No need to find new words: sometimes the same ones work just as well. Stay doing your best, which I know you will! πŸ™‚

20. This was definitely thought provoking; I’ve never considered loyalty to be reflexive πŸ˜‚ but I absolutely agree with all you’ve said here. Wonderful write!πŸ’ž

Thank you so much, D!! I hadn’t really until I sat down to right the piece πŸ˜‚, it’s like authenticity. Aww, I truly appreciate that! Your support means the world to me! Thank you for always being amazingly YOU! Stay well πŸ–€πŸ€—

1. Always a pleasure, my friend πŸ’ž

” I believe in humanity, I believe in people, I believe in love. I care and I see you for you, so, I’ll be loyal if the stars align and if my intuition knows. There’s a piece of me that naturally sees people as being genuinely loyal too, and who knows, that could be true or not. The truth is, we’re are all reflections of each other, so maybe that’s just me seeing myself in another. People may not be loyal to you, they might not see you for you and that’s ok. Everyone is learning, growing and evolving at their perfect pace on their journey. I have loyalty to the Universe because I trust that all is always well and that all is meant to be. I have loyalty to myself because I am my best friend and I infinitely trust me through everything/anything.”
    You are such a pure soul, Ace, so truthful. I love love love this post so much. Your posts leave me speechless, they’re just so good, you know… kudos to you, friend!! you never fail to shine like the brightest star, so much love ❀

Awww Rishika, you always make my day!!!! How kind of you to quote it!!!! You are a rainbow of light and the most loving soul – so lucky to know you!!! Awwww thank you so much!!!! I can’t thank you enough for all your support, I am forever grateful!!!!! Love you, my dear friend πŸ–€πŸ€— You inspire me!!!

22. a.s. says:

Your quotes are so aesthetic, Ace! And wow! Never thought about being loyal to yourself before, but that makes so much sense. We have to be loyal to our own selves before we can show that loyalty to others. Beautiful!

Thank you so much!!! YES, exactly!!!! Always grateful and touched by your sweet words and encouraging support, brightens my days!!! Very kind of you to go back through all my work! Stay blessed and big hugs, my friend πŸ€—πŸ–€πŸ€