You float in my mind
Like a never-ending river
It sometimes makes me shiver
I wish you could go away
Feeling small
Taking your call
Should’ve let it go to voicemail
But you left a trail
And I’m following
Since I’m stuck in your trap
Forgetting love’s map
When I begin to see again
I beat myself up for being too blind
Looking for love
But instead I watched my eyes find
Fear
Not the first time
Fear used to hold me tight
When I meet fear again
I’ll wave goodbye
Remember that it’s just a lie
I might say thank you
For showing me the gift of freedom
But I think I’ll stick with
Hi
And
Bye
It doesn’t deserve my magic
All those times it convinced me life was so tragic
Yet that wasn’t me
It was you
I feel you weakening and trying to grab me too
Bye bye fear
I’ll never let you near
The Universe, me
Is always right here
Ace

This poem is very special to me, in my youth, fear had a tight hold on me. This poem starts as if I met fear again but I didn’t, it’s just recalling the experiences I’ve had with it. Then it goes to what I’ll say if I meet fear again, and somehow it gets to me actually talking to fear. I think it so important to face fear head on, so this poem was about forgiving myself for not doing so in the past and then actually doing it, because I’m strong now. I hope this helps you on your journey, be fearless and free -Ace

24 comments on “when i meet you again

Very powerfully written! I definitely got the aura of fear from this poem, but I love the inspirational ending! 👏❤

Fear is a strong energy for sure, but it does inspire growth. Thank you for reading and appreciating my friend! Much love 🤍🤍

That’s true! You’re welcome 🙂

2. Happy New Year Dear Ace may all your dreams come true 💙 Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The phrase ‘press on’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race 💙 Master of the Pen. 🙏💫

Thank you for this thoughtful comment and for stopping by!!! Spirit hugs 🤗🤗

Beautiful!! ❤️❤️

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate that. Much love to you my friend 💗🤗

3. It doesn’t deserve my magic – I love the power in this! So beautiful, your poem fills me with joy. Reminds me of when fear and I had a inseparable relation. It still visits me in bits and pieces, and I love how I can more often smile while sensing it. Keep going my friend, your writings are so heartfelt beautiful.

Awe, thank you so much!! I totally understand, fear used to be a close companion of mine as well. Yes, I love how you say “smile while sensing it”, if that voice ever comes back, I’m just like “how silly!” 😂 Such wise words my friend, your comments always mean a lot to me!!! Your kindness and great energy is always felt and appreciated!! So much love to you 🤍🤍🤍🤗

4. I love the dance with fear going on in this.. It’s a real oscillation ‘isnt it..the dance between fear and trust/love. Fear tries to get its icy grip on us but we must keep turning and turning to find the way back to love.. ❤

Thank you so much!! Yes, I love how you describe it as the “dance”, that’s a perfect analogy! Exactly, fear can try to creep in, but it is up to us to lean back, see the fear, and then let it go and return back to love. Thank you for your support and kind comment! Much love ❤️

5. dailysunshinerain says:

love this!!!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that!! 💜

6. DiosRaw - Amber says:

Wonderful. ❤❤

Thank you so much! That means a lot! I appreciate the support, always 🤗😊💜💜

7. Wow, that was a brilliant subject and even more, incredible poem! I loved the last lines,
    “Bye bye fear
    I’ll never let you near
    The Universe, me
    Is always right here”
    They’re so powerful and can make a huge difference, if one only musters up the courage to say it.
    Excellent poem!!❤️

Thank you so much!!! I so appreciate your kind words and am glad you loved it!! This comment means a lot to me! 😊 Much love and spirit hugs 🤗🤗🤍

8. Seoul Sister says:

Very beautiful and true 💖

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate that, much love 🤍🤍

This might sound nerdy but this piece reminds of a TED talk about defining your fears, and the way you phrased it is absolutely lovely and the thinking behind runs miles deep

No, not nerdy at all!!! Thank you for sharing these beautiful thoughts!!!! And for reading and appreciating!!! Spirit hugs 🤗🤗🤗

10. The paranoid is never entirely mistaken.A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving. You remind me of long ago. 😔

Got tears 😭 in my eyes

Awe thank you! I hope they’re good tears!! I hope to be seeing you here more often friend, thank you so much for the beautiful connection! Lots of love to you 💜🤗